We're looking for an outgoing, authentic Business Development Manager with a genuine passion for produce to build new connections across the Melbourne food scene.
- Onboard a diverse range of customers by replying to incoming requests, cold-calling, following leads and utilizing networking opportunities.
- Managing new business software and digital documents, in addition to thorough customer notes to set up accounts.
- Aiding prospective accounts in the onboarding process and making sure they feel well looked after.
- Building relationships with new customers through clear communication and great customer service.
- Meet with prospective accounts to pitch and explain Natoora's service, product range and sourcing ethos. Provide bespoke samples and assess any sourcing needs.
- Upselling Natoora as a company. Conveying the value of a candid supplier, educator and impact driven partner. Focus on our ethos, growers and holistic approach to service.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of Melbourne’s food scene - new openings, events, social media, guest chefs and collaborations – how can you get involved?
- Network. Make connections. Going to events, festivals and meals while
- Balance your time between the office and out visiting prospective customers. Ideally, more time spent out of the office.
- Sales focused. Display both passion and knowledge when communicating with customers. Know what’s in stock and tasting best. What should be on menus. Recommend suitable substitutions or replacements of stock not available.
- Reporting. Aid in weekly and monthly reports to develop a sales strategy for
- Rectify mistakes when they happen. You will need to resolve them as quickly as possible. Chefs are short of time and we want them to have the confidence in our ability to solve their problems, promptly.
- Being available to respond to calls, messages and emails in a timely manner.
- Have second to none relationship building skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt to different styles and situations.
- Demonstrate a passion for seasonal produce, our growers and the restaurants we supply.
- Motivated by driving sales, extending our reach and delivering excellent customer service.
- Be outgoing. A friendly and professional personality with plenty of enthusiasm to make every day productive.
- Able to make themselves available to help customers out-of-office hours or find who out who can.
- Enjoy working in an agile and flexible working environment. You will spend many hours in busy kitchens.
- Stay organized. This role is fluid and will involve elements of Customer Service, Business Development and Account Management daily.
- Be a team player. Every department is connected and internal communication is crucial to deliver the service we are known for.
- Be a problem solver and take initiative.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Strong IT skills, with Excel and G-Suite experience a bonus.
- Hospitality or small scale farming experience a bonus.
- Staff discount on goods from our warehouse.
- A competitive salary and performance incentives, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
- Centrally located office and warehouse space, accessible by public
- A budget for eating out with our clients.
- A mobile phone plan and laptop.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
Email email@example.com with your CV and tell us why you want to join the team.
OUR PEOPLESee all
We exist to fix the food system.
People are more cut off from the origins of their food than ever. This makes flavor, nutrition and farming practices that protect the planet, almost impossible to find.
By working directly with growers, we create a more sustainable way forward for farming. By giving everyone the tools to understand the power of our food choices, we empower everybody to become drivers of change.
Now is the time for action. Join the food system revolution.
Go beyond four seasons
Each fruit and vegetable has its own season, with subtle shifts which happen every day. Follow their microseasons to unlock flavor at every stage.
WHAT’S IN SEASON?
Know where your food comes from
We know the name of the person behind everything we source. Recognize their growing artistry to find out exactly where your food comes from (and why that matters).
MEET THE GROWERS
Make your diet diverse
Our growers work with varieties chosen for quality and nutrition, not yield. By selecting their crops you keep heritage seeds in play, add to ecosystem biodiversity and preserve unique flavors.