We're looking for an outgoing, authentic Business Developer with a genuine passion for produce to build new connections across the New York City food scene.
- Onboarding a diverse range of customers by fielding incoming requests, cold-calling, following leads and utilizing networking opportunities. Emphasis on building a new and distinct pipeline of leads that will contribute to aggressive growth targets.
- Meeting with prospective accounts to pitch and explain Natoora's service, product range and sourcing ethos. Providing bespoke samples and assessing any sourcing needs.
- Upselling Natoora as a company. Conveying the value of a candid supplier, educator and impact-driven partner. Focus on our ethos, growers and holistic approach to service.
- Sales focused. Display both passion and knowledge when communicating with customers.
- Network. Make connections. Going to events, festivals and meals while representing Natoora.
- Managing new business software and digital documents, in addition to thorough customer notes to set up accounts.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of New York’s food scene - new openings, events, social media, guest chefs and collaborations.
- Proactively plan time to visit prospective customers, while balancing this with attending the office for sales meetings as required.
- Reporting. Aid in weekly and monthly reports to develop a sales strategy for growth.
- Motivated by driving sales, extending our reach and delivering on aggressive sales targets.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen. Provide insights that inform and improve sales strategies to achieve aggressive growth targets.
- Have second-to-none relationship-building skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt to different styles and situations.
- Demonstrate a passion for seasonal produce, our growers and the restaurants we supply.
- Be outgoing. A friendly and professional personality with plenty of enthusiasm to make every day productive.
- Be a problem solver and take initiative.
- Strong IT skills, with Excel and G-Suite experience a bonus.
- Hospitality or culinary experience is a bonus.
- Staff discount on goods from our warehouse.
- A competitive salary and performance incentives, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
- Centrally located office and warehouse space, accessible by public
- A budget for eating out with our clients.
- A mobile phone plan and laptop.
- Your birthday off (once you've hit the 6-month mark).
- 20 days of paid vacation and 8 paid sick days per year.
Salary: $58,500-$65,000 plus commission
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
OUR PEOPLESee all
We exist to fix the food system.
People are more cut off from the origins of their food than ever. This makes flavor, nutrition and farming practices that protect the planet, almost impossible to find.
By working directly with growers, we create a more sustainable way forward for farming. By giving everyone the tools to understand the power of our food choices, we empower everybody to become drivers of change.
Now is the time for action. Join the food system revolution.
Go beyond four seasons
Each fruit and vegetable has its own season, with subtle shifts which happen every day. Follow their microseasons to unlock flavor at every stage.
WHAT’S IN SEASON?
Know where your food comes from
We know the name of the person behind everything we source. Recognize their growing artistry to find out exactly where your food comes from (and why that matters).
MEET THE GROWERS
Make your diet diverse
Our growers work with varieties chosen for quality and nutrition, not yield. By selecting their crops you keep heritage seeds in play, add to ecosystem biodiversity and preserve unique flavors.