UK Sourcing ManagerFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the food system. Delivering radically seasonal produce to over 1600 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs and some of the world’s top restaurants.
We also engage directly with home cooks in our Natoora stores, concessions, home delivery and online via Ocado. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced individual to join our Sourcing team. Reporting to the Head of Global Sourcing you will be responsible for overseeing all the sourcing in the UK. From ancient grain in Cornwall to late season Scottish Raspberries you will be responsible for seeking out the very best products the UK has to offer. You will be responsible for carefully following Natoora’s sourcing ethos and for actively engaging with suppliers about the way they produce the food.
We have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 400 growers and producers across Europe. You will take on a fundamental role in that sourcing and purchasing process, ensuring Natoora continues to offer the very best ingredients to its customer base. You will need to continuously review and improve the range of products that we source in the UK and supply the rest of the business with as much information as possible about how our growers and producers work.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, bringing a dynamic energy to our tight knit team. You will be highly personable and be completely comfortable dealing with farmers and producers around the UK. You should have excellent networking skills and be comfortable working on the road. Most importantly, you’ll be driven by a genuine commitment to change the way food is being farmed & supplied.
- Sourcing of all food products bought in the UK
- Maintaining relationships with our UK suppliers
- Building relationships with new farms, producers and foragers
- Crop planning with farms that we work closely with including Natoora Earthwork farms
- Building our range of non fruit and vegetable products made in the UK
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team to ensure we have the right products in stock at the right time
- Gathering detailed information on farming and production techniques from all our suppliers.
- 4+ years experience in the food and farming industry
- Experience as Buyer is in fresh produce is preferable
- Experience in dealing with small farms, growers and food producers
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Confident in the use of Excel, databases and other Tech programmes
- Remain calm under pressure and use reasoned judgement to make quick, solid decisions
- Independent and comfortable working on the road.
- A driving licence is preferable
- 50% off on fruit & vegetables in our stores and through our App
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career
- Our London headquarters in Bermondsey
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you want to join our team.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.