Sourcing AssistantFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the food system. Delivering radically seasonal produce to over 1600 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, Copenhagen, and Melbourne, we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs and some of the world’s top restaurants.
We also engage directly with home cooks in our Natoora stores, concessions, home delivery and online via Ocado. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced individual to join our Sourcing team. Reporting to the UK Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for the buying of all the products that we source directly from growers in the UK. Additionally, you will engage daily with the produce that you are buying, using your knowledge of good produce to make key decisions regarding quality. You will be responsible for carefully following Natoora’s sourcing ethos and for actively engaging with suppliers, helping them deliver on the high level of quality that we are known for. Additionally you will take an active seasonal role in the management and handling of our wild produce.
We have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 400 growers and producers across Europe. You will take on a key role in that purchasing process, ensuring Natoora continues to offer the very best ingredients to its customer base. In order to do so, you will be willing to take a hands-on approach to managing the produce by spending time in our warehouse working closely with our operations team to ensure that quality standards are met.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, bringing a dynamic energy to our tight knit team. You will be highly personable and be completely comfortable dealing with farmers and producers around the UK. You’ll have a willingness to take initiative and identify areas for improvement. Most importantly, you’ll be driven by a genuine commitment to change the way food is being farmed & supplied.
- Working closely with the UK Sourcing Manager to ensure that all day-to-day sourcing responsibilities are covered
- Stock control and ordering with direct UK growers
- Maintaining relationships with our UK suppliers
- Oversee handling and grading of wild produce when in season
- Building relationships with new farms, producers and foragers
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team to ensure we have the right products in stock at the right time
- At least 2+ years experience in the food and farming industry (hospitality, growing, food science, nutrition, etc)
- Some experience in dealing with small farms, growers and food producers is preferable
- Comfortable doing hands on work with fresh produce
- A keen eye for seeking out high quality
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Confident in the use of Excel, databases and other Tech programmes
- Remain calm under pressure and use reasoned judgement to make quick, solid decisions
- Cost-price fruit & vegetables - we don’t profit from sales to our own team members
- Your birthday off*
- Pension scheme
- CODE Hospitality membership, getting you up to 50% off at London and the UK’s leading restaurants*
- Cycle to Work scheme*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Kitchen stocked from our own growers and producers
*Once you’ve hit the 6 month mark
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.