Senior Customer Account ManagerMaternity Cover - 12 months
We are a fast-growing company with a clear mission: to revolutionise the food system. We deliver radically seasonal produce to over 1500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris - we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs.
We also engage directly with home cooks through our Natoora delivery app, as well as in our stores and concessions, and online via Ocado, Waitrose and Monoprix. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
We are seeking a passionate, personable and analytically minded Senior Customer Account Manager to join our close knit and dynamic team, based in Bermondsey, South East London.
You will manage a portfolio of customers across a variety of businesses - restaurants, bars, cafés, bakeries, retail shops - to build, maintain and grow relationships. You will proactively engage with your contacts and visit them regularly to keep them up-to-date on seasonal produce and our mission. You will play a key part in planning their menus and offers, as well as resolving any issues if and when they arise.
You will be helping lead our Customer Account Manager Team and a key support for more junior members. Key responsibilities, amongst others, will include leading projects and ensuring that junior team members are delivering to time schedules, as well as developing strategies for sales improvement with Snr Management.
Working collaboratively with our colleagues in other departments, you will also forge close working relationships with our team and take on challenges, make improvements and succeed together.
The role will involve a combination of self-directed external customer visits, and working out of our Bermondsey office.
- Managing a portfolio of customers proactively - keenly focusing on building relationships and increasing sales.
- Be a departmental stakeholder to proactively and collaboratively find solutions to short and medium term challenges
- Coordinating with internal teams on long term strategic projects to deliver solutions that meet customers’ needs, improve service and successfully deliver our mission
- Supporting sales teams to improve their performance and reach targets.
- Developing and maintaining excellent knowledge and understanding of our business, offerings, competitors and industry trends.
- Being a knowledgeable and passionate public-facing representative of Natoora - educating our customers and showing why we do, and they should, care about changing the food system.
- You will have excellent knowledge of the London restaurant industry.
- Passion for fresh produce and a clear understanding of seasonality, sustainability and farming.
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in a relevant wholesale field with experience managing both large and key accounts.
- Motivated by driving sales and delivering excellent customer service.
- Highly organised, solution and detail - oriented.
- You will proactively look for opportunities to increase sales within your portfolio, and be confident in regularly analysing performance and taking action where necessary.
- Cost-price fruit & vegetables - we don’t profit from sales to our own team members
- Your birthday off*
- Pension scheme
- Subsidised lunch - made with the same seasonal produce we supply to chefs
- CODE Hospitality membership, getting you up to 50% off at London and the UK’s leading restaurants*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Kitchen stocked from our own growers and producers - including Estate Dairy milk and butter - as well as from our Spa Terminus neighbours Monmouth & Little Bread Pedlar
*Once you’ve hit the 6 month mark
Email your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join the team.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.