Product and Packaging ManagerFull time
We are a fast-growing company with a clear mission: to revolutionise the food system.
With hubs in London, Paris, Milan, Barcelona, New York and Los Angeles - as well as our own farms - we’re creating access to consciously-produced and grown food at a scale unparalleled by anyone else in the industry. Since 2004, we have been building a unique supply chain that connects chefs and home cooks alike to an ever-growing community of independent growers, farmers and producers.
About the Job
There are thousands of food businesses out there. Joining Natoora means that you’re looking to be part of something bigger. As Product and Packaging Manager, you’ll play a key role in a dynamic, committed movement that is driving real change at ground level.
Reporting to the Head of Food Programs this role will entail the oversight of our Food to Go and Juice portfolio of products and how we package and promote them through various sales channels. You will work with multiple parts of our business as well as external partners including but not limited to Branding, Marketing, Sales, Commercial,Product, Pricing and Operations teams.
Working with the Commercial and Brand teams you will keep abreast of market intelligence, customer insight, trends in food, lifestyle, packaging and ingredients and identify opportunities for further analysis
- Assess packaging needs and work with necessary suppliers to see these needs are met
- Oversee the daily administration of our F2G and Juice portfolio including quality control, pricing fluctuations, supply chain and key component sourcing
- Assist with new product development from initial concept through to launch
- Ensure all developments are appropriately prioritised, communicated and aligned to the overall business objectives
- Work with commercial team and to define ambitious targets and execute long term sales strategy
- Identify risks throughout the development cycle and provided solutions to unblock problems, creating contingency plans and communicating with internal teams
- Provide visibility across internal teams of performance against the portfolio development plan
- Coordinate training sessions for new menus and product launches in partnership with the Head of Food Programs
- Manage the design of new packaging solutions from a functional standpoint in collaboration with the brand/design teams
- Work with operations and safety teams to introduce to new packaging solutions and ensure compatibility with plant/machinery
- Product placement and POS strategy development
- Passion for seasonal ingredients, absolute sourcing transparency and advocating a fundamental change in the food system
- Experience in product and/or recipe development including sourcing, development, execution and pricing
- Proven competency in food hygiene
- Knowledge of the FMCG sector
- Knowledge of, and interest in environmentally conscious packaging solutions
- Experience in high volume production
- Excellent Excel skills (including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Comfortable engaging with a broad range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Cost-price fruit & vegetables - we don’t profit from sales to our own team members
- Your birthday off*
- Subsidised lunch - made with the same seasonal produce we supply to chefs
- CODE Hospitality membership, getting you up to 50% off at London and the UK’s leading restaurants*
- Cycle to Work scheme*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Kitchen stocked from our own growers and producers - including Estate Dairy milk and butter - as well as from our Spa Terminus neighbours Monmouth & Little Bread Pedlar
*Once you’ve hit the 6 month mark
Email your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join the team.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.