Produce BuyerFull time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the food system. Delivering radically seasonal produce to over 1600 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs and some of the world’s top restaurants.
We also engage directly with home cooks in our Natoora stores, concessions, home delivery and online via Ocado. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
About the Job
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced Produce Buyer to join our team. You’ll be adding your own passion and expertise to a team with an unparalleled knowledge of fruit, vegetables and specialist produce - united in its commitment to building a new supply chain. Grounded in at least 3 years’ worth of experience in the fresh food industry, you’ll have a keen eye for consumer trends and bring new ideas to our food system revolution.
We have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 400 growers and producers across Europe. You will take on a fundamental role in that sourcing and purchasing process, ensuring its ongoing efficiency and success. Thinking outside the box, you will reduce non-conformities and read deep into our live data to increase availability across the range.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, bringing a dynamic energy to our tight knit team. You’ll be confident in juggling several projects at once and thrive when no two days are the same. Willing to get stuck in, always looking to go beyond what you already know. Most importantly, you’ll be driven by a genuine commitment to change the way food is being farmed & supplied.
- Maintain correct par stocks and product identification for stock control, and all corresponding paperwork and pricing
- Monitoring and reporting against KPIs
- Reviewing business processes, including reviewing freight costs in and out and looking at ways of reducing costs whilst maximizing value to the company
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve supply chain issues
- Actively engage in SOPs on the supply side
- 2+ years’ experience as Buyer (fresh produce)
- Value honesty and teamwork above individual achievements
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Confident in the use of Excel, databases and other Tech programmes
- Remain calm under pressure and use reasoned judgement to make quick, solid decisions
- Ability to speak other languages is desirable (Italian, French & Spanish)
- Cost-price fruit & vegetables - we don’t profit from sales to our own team members
- Your birthday off*
- Pension scheme
- Subsidised lunch - made with the same seasonal produce we supply to chefs
- CODE Hospitality membership, getting you up to 50% off at London and the UK’s leading restaurants*
- Cycle to Work scheme*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Kitchen stocked from our own growers and producers - including Estate Dairy milk and butter - as well as from our Spa Terminus neighbours Monmouth & Little Bread Pedlar
*Once you’ve hit the 6 month mark
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.