Head of Food ProgramsFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fresh produce and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 1,500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs. We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables
Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will lead our food programs as part of our Product Team, enabling you to directly connect with both our own farms and our entire farming network to build the most unique food offering in the market. Building radically seasonal menus, from a fully transparent supply chain, whilst incorporating product which educates consumers through its variety, flavour profile and impact. Working with our Sourcing team and directly with the farmers, you will look to utilise incredibly unique ingredients into the recipes even working with products which have very short seasonal windows. Through your work you will help to raise awareness and grow a grassroots movement that will shape the future of food for the better.
You will coordinate the launch of new dishes for our “Food to Go” program which encompasses ready to eat products like dips, juices and ferments for both consumers and professional kitchens, as well as developing the menus for our Natoora Counters, our stores which go beyond the sale of produce to include breakfast, lunch and evening programs for customers to eat in or take out. Candidates should show a passion for seasonal food and minimum intervention growing practises aligned with the development goals of all the food we cook. We are looking to create food that doesn't sacrifice quality, nutrition or flavour.
Successful candidates will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to seasonal food and menus with a dedication to quality sourcing and a keen understanding of fruits and vegetables
- Experience with NPD, menu writing and high degree of technical and professional culinary knowledge
- A high level of attention to detail
- Aptitude for leading, coaching, and driving excellence
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- A willingness to learn, both in the kitchen and in the field
- Experience with recipe costing and P&L management
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Microsoft Office & Excel
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in a similar role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Closely working with our wide network of farms and producers across our supply chain to inspire and create a completely unique offering of both prepared foods and Counter menus, including very close cooperation with our own farms in Cornwall and Sicily
- Designing radically seasonal menus for our Natoora Counters and development of the Food to Go program for both B2B and B2C customers
- Active management of the range to ensure micro-seasonal changes and speed of menu changes is achieved as we scale
- Costing all recipes in the range along with P&L oversight
- Supporting sales teams across all channels with relevant training, product information and guidance
- Delivering training to all kitchen members on new recipes whilst supporting the preparation of SOPs
- Ensuring that all initiatives build and support the brand, particularly as our food programs support our education initiatives
- Leading the development of new ideas and setting the strategic direction of our food programs
- 50% off on fruit & vegetables in our stores and through our App
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career
- Food and drinks for breakfast and lunch
- Our London headquarters in Bermondsey
Email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you want to join our team.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.