Head Buyer - ParisFull Time
We are a fast-growing company with a clear mission: to revolutionise the food system.
With hubs in London, Paris, Milan, Barcelona, New York and Los Angeles, we’re creating access to consciously-produced and grown food at a scale unparalleled by anyone else in the industry. Since 2004, we have been building a unique supply chain that connects chefs and home cooks alike to an ever-growing community of independent growers, farmers and producers.
From the way food is grown, reared and produced to how it gets into kitchens, we’re breaking down barriers built up by the industrial system and sparking a grassroots movement for a better future of food. At the forefront of that revolution are our stores and concessions - dynamic community hubs that reconnect people to incredible flavour.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced individual to join our buying team. You’ll be adding your own passion and experience to a team with an unparalleled knowledge of fruit, vegetables and specialist produce - united in its commitment to building a new supply chain. Grounded in at least 3 years’ worth of experience in the food industry, you’ll have a keen eye for consumer trends and possess the ability to pick out exceptional produce.
We have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 500 growers and producers across Europe & the US. You will take on a fundamental role in that sourcing and purchasing process, ensuring its ongoing efficiency and success. You will be responsible for finding the very best producers and growers in France while managing our purchases at the main French markets. You’ll be an excellent communicator, bringing a dynamic energy to our tight knit team. You’ll be confident in juggling several projects at once and thrive when no two days are the same. Willing to get stuck in, always looking to go beyond what you already know. Most importantly, you’ll be driven by a genuine commitment to change the way food is being farmed & supplied.
- Managing the buying and sourcing of all produce for both the local market and our regional hubs
- Continuing to expand our French product range beyond fresh produce
- Maintaining relationships with growers and producers
- Working on crop planning and forecasting with key growers
- Maintaining up to date information on growers and managing meetings with different teams to share the product knowledge
- Managing a team of buyers and the purchase order process
- Reporting to Head of Global Sourcing in London and MD of Natoora Paris
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve supply chain issues
- Weekly reporting against company KPIs
- Actively engage in SOPs on the supply side to ensure
- 3+ years’ experience as Buyer or similar experience working with exceptional produce
- Value honesty and teamwork above individual achievements
- Ability to do early shifts as and when required (able to get to Rungis at 4 to 5 am when needed, on a normal day at 7am)
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Confident in the use of Excel, databases and other Tech programmes
- Ability to speak English is required
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career
- Our Paris Hub in Rungis market, 94550 Chevilly Larue
Email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you want to join our team.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.