Head BakerFull time
We are a fast-growing company with a clear mission: to revolutionise the food system. With hubs in London, Paris, Milan, New York, Los Angeles and Copenhagen, we’re creating access to consciously-produced and grown food at a scale unparalleled by anyone else in the industry. Since 2004, we have been building a unique supply chain that connects chefs and home cooks alike to an ever-growing community of independent growers, co-operatives and producers.
From the way food is grown, reared and produced to how it gets into kitchens, we’re breaking down barriers built up by the industrial system and sparking a grassroots movement for a better future of food. This is your chance to be a part of it.
Our new bakery venture from Natoora will be led by a globally renowned baker from North America, committed to ancient techniques and flavour-forward grains. The entire methodology behind the wholesale bread bakery will reflect our ethos - from stone milling our own fresh flour everyday, to baking with sourdough, and using the whole grain, to tapping into the full extent of our sourcing network for conscientiously chosen ingredients.
About the Job
Responsible for efficient all daily milling and baking activities to assure operations are optimised. Activities include operation of the stone flour mills, mixing the sourdough starter, coordinating deliveries, arranging pick ups, mixing of bread doughs, exceeding quality standards, maintaining inventory, ordering inventory, and cleaning equipment.
Weekly tasks include: prioritising and assigning equipment maintenance, trouble shooting production issues, monitoring wheat input, procuring needed materials, controlling inventory, packaging, and other bakery equipment, managing hands on training for new and existing bakers, ensuring best practice execution, preparing the bakery site for events and presentations, and customer service. A weekly filing of production reports will be due to Head of Bakery and Head of Product.
- Salary starting at £55,000 a year
- Full-time & Permanent
- Schedule is Wednesday through Sunday 1030am-8pm
- Unmatched opportunity to grow as our international business grows. Whether lateral or vertical, Natoora is a fascinating company with immense room for growth in the UK, US, and beyond
- Two year+ experience in wholesale bakery production
- Two year+ supervisory experience required
- Experience with ordering, inventory, and ingredient management
- Experience with sourdough production including mixing, shaping, and baking
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent computing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The highest standards of food safety, food hygiene, and team safety
- Cost-price fruit & vegetables - we don’t profit from sales to our own team members
- Your birthday off*
- Subsidised lunch - made with the same seasonal produce we supply to chefs
- CODE Hospitality membership, getting you up to 50% off at London and the UK’s leading restaurants*
- Cycle to Work scheme*
*Once you’ve hit the 6 month mark
Email your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join the team.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.