We are a fast-growing company with a clear mission: to revolutionise the food system.
We deliver radically seasonal produce to over 1500 restaurants in London, New York, Miami, Paris, Malmo, Copenhagen and Melbourne - we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs.
We also engage directly with home cooks through our Natoora delivery app, as well as in our stores and concessions, and online via Ocado, Waitrose and Monoprix. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
À PROPOS DU TRAVAIL
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced individual to join our buying team. You’ll be adding your own passion and experience to a team with an unparalleled knowledge of fruit, vegetables and specialist produce - united in its commitment to building a new supply chain. Grounded in at least 2 years’ worth of experience in the food industry, you’ll have a keen eye for consumer trends and possess the ability to pick out exceptional produce.
We have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 500 growers and producers across Europe & the US. You will take on a fundamental role in that sourcing and purchasing process, ensuring its ongoing efficiency and success. You will be responsible for finding the very best producers and growers in France while managing our purchases at the main French markets. You’ll be an excellent communicator, bringing a dynamic energy to our tight knit team. You’ll be confident in juggling several projects at once and thrive when no two days are the same. Willing to get stuck in, always looking to go beyond what you already know. Most importantly, you’ll be driven by a genuine commitment to change the way food is being farmed & supplied.
- Managing the buying and sourcing for both the local market and our regional hubs
- Continuing to expand our French product range beyond fresh produce
- Maintaining relationships with growers and producers
- Working on crop planning and forecasting with key growers
- Maintaining up to date information on growers and managing meetings with different teams to share the product knowledge
- Managing a team of buyers and the purchase order process
- Reporting to Head of Global Sourcing
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve supply chain issues
- Weekly reporting against company KPIs
- Actively engage in SOPs on the supply side to ensure
- 3+ years’ experience as Buyer or similar experience working with exceptional produce
- Value honesty and teamwork above individual achievements
- Ability to do early shifts as and when required (able to get to Rungis at 4 to 5 am when needed, on a normal day at 7am)
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Confident in the use of Excel, databases and other Tech programmes
- Ability to speak English is required
A competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career
Our French hub in Rungis - 94550 Chevilly Larue
Envoyez votre CV et lettre de motivation à email@example.com. Merci d'indiquer la référence "Commercial terrain" dans l'objet du mail.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.