Full Charge Bookkeeper/AccountantFull time
We are a fast-growing company with a clear mission: to revolutionise the food system.
With hubs in London, Paris, Milan, New York, Los Angeles and Copenhagen, we’re creating access to consciously-produced and grown food at a scale unparalleled by anyone else in the industry. Since 2004, we have been building a unique supply chain that connects chefs and home cooks alike to an ever-growing community of independent growers, co-operatives and producers.
From the way food is grown, reared and produced to how it gets into kitchens, we’re breaking down barriers built up by the industrial system and sparking a grassroots movement for a better future of food. This is your chance to be a part of it.
Based in Brooklyn, NY, this role would suit a bookkeeper who would enjoy the challenge of joining a fast-growing business as its local lead Finance team member. You must have an excellent track record of independent working and attention to detail. You will be dynamic and flexible and have a hands-on approach to your role. Please note this role requires you to attend our office. We don't offer hybrid working at the moment.
You will report to the London-based International Financial Controller and will work closely with the NY-based leadership team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Month End process / all bookings
- Report P&L and variances gains Budget
- Sales ledger posting and reconciliation
- Supervising customer status and reporting receivable days on a weekly basis
- Maintaining and reporting an up-to-date weekly cashflow
- Reconciling Quickbooks and bank accounts
- Liaising with the International FC to ensure AP/AR postings are correctly reflected in our account
- Supporting month-end and year-end close processes
- Supervising payroll
- Analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status
- Spotting errors and suggesting ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Providing technical support and advice to our external accountants
- Reviewing and recommending modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Providing input into department’s goal setting processes
- Assisting with tax audits and tax returns
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures / US GAAP
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close processes
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages - experience using Quickbooks is a strong plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent communication qualities
- Chartered accounting certification, or in the process of studying for a chartered accounting certification
In addition to excellent opportunities for growth and development, at Natoora you will be offered health care, paid time off and fresh food purchase discounts.
Please email us your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please specify:
- Your interest in working for Natoora - Your experience working with Quickbooks and Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY 11237: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.