Natoora is committed to revolutionising the food system. Delivering radically seasonal produce to over 1000 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs.
We also engage directly with home cooks in our Natoora stores, concessions and online via Ocado. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
About the Job
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced produce Buyer to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen interest in fruit & vegetables at an agricultural and supply chain level, and a good understanding of consumer trends. You will have at least 3 years’ experience in the fresh fruit & vegetable industry.
You will be actively aware of how we source our produce while ensuring the purchase process is done in the most efficient way possible. Your role will be key in helping us to reduce non-conformities and increase the availability across the range supported by a constant use of data.
You will also need to have strong communication skills, a good team working attitude and lots of energy, drive and commitment to the role.
- Maintain correct par stocks and product identification for stock control, and all corresponding paperwork and pricing
- Monitoring and reporting against KPIs
- Reviewing business processes, including reviewing freight costs in and out and looking at ways of reducing costs whilst maximizing value to the company
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve supply chain issues
- Actively engage in SOPs on the supply side
- 3+ years experience as Buyer (fresh produce)
- Value honesty and team work
- University degree
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Ability to speak other languages is desirable (Italian & Spanish)
What you can expect
- 50% off all fruit & vegetables in our stores and our market stall at Spa Terminus.
- A competitive salary, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
Email email@example.com with your CV and tell us why you want to join the team
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.