Assistant Technical ManagerFull time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fruit & vegetables and actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavours that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 1000 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s most influential chefs.
We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
This is an exciting time for a graduate to join a SME which has seen substantial growth over the years. As an Assistant Technical Manger your main responsibilities are listed below:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES IN YOUR ROLE
- Work alongside our chefs if agreeing recipes and product specification.
- Create and Issue recipe sheets for new products and updated products.
- Calculate and issue nutritional information for label generation.
- Check and approve all labels to ensure they comply with EU regulations.
- Conduct in-house shelf life tests and record and trend the results.
- Approve suppliers of new ingredients
- Audit the sites to ensure they comply with the company’s strict safety procedures.
- Assist in Raw Material approvals.
- Assist in complaint investigations.
- Be part of the sites HACCP team.
- Issue new paperwork when required.
- Take part in all External Audits (SALSA, BRC and Customer Audits)
- Conducts quarterly traceability exercises.
- Take part in weekly Taste Panels.
- Manage the laboratory testing schedule and trend analysis.
- Train and coach member of the operations team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Assist in improving H&S across the business at all sites.
- Take part in all H&S Audits.
- Conduct Risk Assessments.
- Investigate all accidents on site.
- Manage the First Aid boxes and Training of First Aiders.
- Relevant experience in a similar role is a must, with proven management experience
- You will be a Quality Manager / Supervisor with experience working in a high paced, manufacturing facility
- You will have experience working to major retailer standards
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent as a minimum in Food science or similar
- Manufacturing and farming background -preferably food / drink / pharmaceuticals
- Team Player
- Able to motivate and drive teams
- Excellent communicator
- Able to plan and prioritize own workload & others
- Excellent IT skills
- Lean manufacturing exposure (desirable)
- Previous Involvement with driving continuous improvement initiatives & activities
- Able to develop and manage performance of a small team
- Able to work & deliver objectives in a pressurised environment
- Ability to communicate in French, Italian and Spanish (desirable)
The Assistant Technical Managers role will be based at our Head Office in London, Working 8am to 5pm, maintaining standards across all sites in the UK, USA and Europe. Occasional travel to our sites will be required as well as working Night Shifts.
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career
- Food and drinks for breakfast and lunch
- 50% off in our stores
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.