There are thousands of food businesses out there. Joining Natoora means that you’re looking to be part of something bigger. As Store Assistant, you’ll be the face of a dynamic, committed movement that is driving real change at ground level.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be responsible for displaying and caring for some of the best-tasting produce available in the UK. You’ll be able to advise on seasonal produce and will go above and beyond to ensure that we are always delivering the best possible service.
Through our training programme, we’ll equip you with the tools and knowledge to become a leading campaigner in your own right, climbing a clear growth path with training modules covering Product, Customer Service and Store Operations.
At the core of that knowledge is a deep understanding and appreciation for our produce. You’ll learn where, how and by whom our food is grown, and how every decision - from seed selection to growing method to serving suggestion - can impact on the planet. Everyone has a part to play in creating a better food system. This is your chance.
- You will look after our customers and provide the best customer service.
- You will go out of your way to help people engage with unfamiliar or intimidating produce.
- You will be responsible for handling cash (payments, cash up…)
- You will take care of our incredible produce (quality check, replenishing, delivery…)
- You’ll make sure all health and safety rules are followed and you will report any hazard.
- You will be part of a team and help your co-workers. Communication is the key.
- You care about everything you eat: where it comes from, how it’s made and by whom. Working with us is more than just a job - it’s a way of life.
- Whether it’s engaging with customers on the shop floor or taking a new recruit under your wing, you’re approachable, caring and willing to go the extra mile.
- You’re punctual, self-motivated and full of initiative. You see how every task - big or small - fits into the fuller picture of our food system revolution.
- You’ll have a great command of spoken English and enjoy making genuine connections with our customers.
- You’ll have basic IT skills to input sales information and place orders.
- You’ll enjoy multitasking in an often busy environment.
- You’ll have knowledge of food safety standards and understand the importance of following our customer service standards, policies and procedures.
- You’ll be happy to work evenings or weekends.
- You’ll be physically active and happy to do occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting throughout the day - you’ll need to be able to comfortably carry up to 10 kilos at a time.
- Natoora produce at a significant discount
- Your birthday off (once you've hit the 6-month mark and when working 32 hours or more)
- 20% off on Eataly Products
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
OUR PEOPLESee all
We exist to fix the food system.
People are more cut off from the origins of their food than ever. This makes flavor, nutrition and farming practices that protect the planet, almost impossible to find.
By working directly with growers, we create a more sustainable way forward for farming. By giving everyone the tools to understand the power of our food choices, we empower everybody to become drivers of change.
Now is the time for action. Join the food system revolution.
Go beyond four seasons
Each fruit and vegetable has its own season, with subtle shifts which happen every day. Follow their microseasons to unlock flavor at every stage.
WHAT’S IN SEASON?
Know where your food comes from
We know the name of the person behind everything we source. Recognize their growing artistry to find out exactly where your food comes from (and why that matters).
MEET THE GROWERS
Make your diet diverse
Our growers work with varieties chosen for quality and nutrition, not yield. By selecting their crops you keep heritage seeds in play, add to ecosystem biodiversity and preserve unique flavors.