ABOUT THE JOB
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and improving relationships with existing customers. You will need to be comfortable talking about produce in busy kitchens with even busier chefs.
- Updating the kitchens on produce coming in and out of season.
- Visiting kitchens all over New York City, inspiring chefs with our produce. You might hold a training session for front of house staff on how we source our produce or you might just arrive at a restaurant with one perfect unforgettable pear. Whatever you’re doing you’ll need to be a great ambassador for what Natoora does.
- Overseeing customer orders as well as helping to manage their expectations. Our customers are very demanding; we need to be able to supply a service to match their expectations.
- You will need to display both passion and knowledge when communicating with customers.
- When mistakes happen, you will need to resolve them as quickly as possible. Chefs are short of time and we want them to have the confidence in our ability to solve their problems, whatever the time of day.
- Potential to manage a team of 4+ account managers.
- Have second to none relationship building skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt to different styles and situations.
- Able to make themselves available to help customers out of office hours.
- Enjoy working in an agile, flexible working context.
- Have creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Strong learning agility.
- Strong IT skills, with Excel and G Suite experience a bonus
- Demonstrate a passion for food, fresh produce, our ethos and the restaurants we supply.
- Ability to manage sales-oriented staff.
- Staff discount on goods from our warehouse.
- A competitive salary and performance incentives, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
- Free food and drinks for breakfast and lunch.
- A budget for eating out with our clients
- A mobile phone plan and laptop
This position is : salaried, varies DOE, $58,500.00 - $75,000.00
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, and tell us why you want to join the team.
OUR PEOPLESee all
We exist to fix the food system.
People are more cut off from the origins of their food than ever. This makes flavor, nutrition and farming practices that protect the planet, almost impossible to find.
By working directly with growers, we create a more sustainable way forward for farming. By giving everyone the tools to understand the power of our food choices, we empower everybody to become drivers of change.
Now is the time for action. Join the food system revolution.
Go beyond four seasons
Each fruit and vegetable has its own season, with subtle shifts which happen every day. Follow their microseasons to unlock flavor at every stage.
WHAT’S IN SEASON?
Know where your food comes from
We know the name of the person behind everything we source. Recognize their growing artistry to find out exactly where your food comes from (and why that matters).
MEET THE GROWERS
Make your diet diverse
Our growers work with varieties chosen for quality and nutrition, not yield. By selecting their crops you keep heritage seeds in play, add to ecosystem biodiversity and preserve unique flavors.