Living flour, whole grain bread.
Alma is a whole grain mill and bakery set up by James Beard award winner Graison Gill with Natoora. By freshly stone milling our wheat, and using the whole grain in our loaves, we believe we can revive the integrity and flavour of bread.
Our entire process is guided by quality. We select heritage, modern and population wheat from French and British growers and mill in-house using our New American Stone Mill. From Guérande sea salt to seeds from Hodmedod's, each additional ingredient enhances — never masks — the flavour of the original grain. By using our flour at its freshest, slowly fermenting our doughs, and baking our loaves at super high temperatures in our Polin oven, we produce bread with a rich crumb and golden crust, as it should be.
Join Jack, Arthur and the team under the arches in Stanworth St, Bermondsey.
- Efficient baking activities to ensure operations are optimised.
- Activities include mixing the sourdough starter, coordinating deliveries, arranging pick-ups, mixing bread doughs, shaping all breads, scaling ingredients, cleaning equipment, and scoring bread.
Weekly tasks include:
- Prioritising and assigning equipment maintenance,
- Troubleshooting production issues,
- Maintaining quality products,
- Ensuring best practice execution.
- Two+ years experience in wholesale bakery production or one year+ experience in a commercial kitchen
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A desire for and commitment to growth, creativity, and teamwork
- The highest standards of food safety, food hygiene, and team safety
- Natoora produce at a significant discount
- Your birthday off (once you've hit the 6-month mark)
- Kitchen stocked by our own growers and producers
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experiences, perspectives and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying for a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment-related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
OUR PEOPLESee all
We exist to fix the food system.
People are more cut off from the origins of their food than ever. This makes flavor, nutrition and farming practices that protect the planet, almost impossible to find.
By working directly with growers, we create a more sustainable way forward for farming. By giving everyone the tools to understand the power of our food choices, we empower everybody to become drivers of change.
Now is the time for action. Join the food system revolution.
Go beyond four seasons
Each fruit and vegetable has its own season, with subtle shifts which happen every day. Follow their microseasons to unlock flavor at every stage.
WHAT’S IN SEASON?
Know where your food comes from
We know the name of the person behind everything we source. Recognize their growing artistry to find out exactly where your food comes from (and why that matters).
MEET THE GROWERS
Make your diet diverse
Our growers work with varieties chosen for quality and nutrition, not yield. By selecting their crops you keep heritage seeds in play, add to ecosystem biodiversity and preserve unique flavors.