We are looking for a bright, mission-oriented individual to join the growing Product team in our New York office as a Buyer. You’ll be adding your own passion and expertise to a global team with an unparalleled knowledge of fruits, vegetables, and specialty produce - united in its commitment to building a new supply chain.
Collectively, we have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 600 growers and producers across Europe, the US and Australia. You will take on a fundamental role in the purchasing process, ensuring its ongoing efficiency and success. Thinking outside the box, you will reduce non-conformities and read deep into our live data to increase availability across the range.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, bringing a dynamic energy to our tight knit team. You’ll be confident in juggling several projects at once and thrive when no two days are the same.
Willing to create solutions and always looking to go beyond what you already know.
- Ensure correct stock pars based on sales data and projections
- Sourcing the best quality produce at the right price at the market
- Maintaining relationships with the market wholesalers to create sustainable partnerships working
- Checking invoices, negotiating prices, and managing credit notes with internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing business processes in and out, and looking at ways of reducing costs while maximizing value to the company
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identifying and resolving supply chain issues
- Driving to the wholesale market with shifts beginning during overnight hours
- Lifting and carrying cases, up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work independently and on night shifts, from 10 pm till 6 am
- A passion for good food, fresh produce, and Natoora’s ethos
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to different environments and situations
- Keen attention to detail and strong commercial acumen
- Ability to make informed decisions on the go
- Experience with fruits & vegetables is preferred
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Europe-based vacation time standards
- Staff discount on all fruit & vegetables, dairy, and charcuterie in our warehouse
- Opportunities to grow withing the company
Salary: 62 - 68K
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
OUR PEOPLESee all
We exist to fix the food system.
People are more cut off from the origins of their food than ever. This makes flavor, nutrition and farming practices that protect the planet, almost impossible to find.
By working directly with growers, we create a more sustainable way forward for farming. By giving everyone the tools to understand the power of our food choices, we empower everybody to become drivers of change.
Now is the time for action. Join the food system revolution.
Go beyond four seasons
Each fruit and vegetable has its own season, with subtle shifts which happen every day. Follow their microseasons to unlock flavor at every stage.
WHAT’S IN SEASON?
Know where your food comes from
We know the name of the person behind everything we source. Recognize their growing artistry to find out exactly where your food comes from (and why that matters).
MEET THE GROWERS
Make your diet diverse
Our growers work with varieties chosen for quality and nutrition, not yield. By selecting their crops you keep heritage seeds in play, add to ecosystem biodiversity and preserve unique flavors.